MailChimp is a service for sending bulk emails. We've integrated with them so that you can send bulk emails from PCO People to the people in your church. MailChimp has a free plan that allows you to send up to 12,000 emails per month to up to 2,000 people. If you need more than that their pricing starts at $10 per month, and they offer discounts for registered nonprofits.
Connecting to MailChimp
From the Organization tab, click on the "Integrations" button in the left sidebar. Scroll down to find the MailChimp Integration.
If you don't already have a MailChimp account you'll need to head over to MailChimp first to create an account.
- Click on "Connect to MailChimp" in order to authorize PCO to connect to your MailChimp account. Important Note: You must have permissions of at at least Manager in your MailChimp account in order for the integration to work.
Once you click on the Connect to MailChimp button you will then be prompted to sign in.
Setting up Your MailChimp Account
Lists in PCO People will sync to different segments of a single MailChimp list. This is best because a single email address on two different MailChimp lists counts against your MailChimp account limits twice, but there is no such limitation to segments of a single list.
After authorizing MailChimp to connect to your PCO account, you will be presented with an interface to choose what list to use in MailChimp.
- If your MailChimp account does not already have a list with the email addresses of the people in your church, then choose 'New List'. By default, the list will be named "Planning Center Online," but you can change it to something else if you'd like.
- If you would like to use an existing list in your MailChimp account, you can select 'Existing List', and then choose your list from the drop down menu that appears.
Modifying Your MailChimp Settings
- You can click on "Change List" in order to change what MailChimp list PCO manages.
- Clicking disconnect will allow you to disconnect your MailChimp account from PCO.